Short on time? Quick & Easy Buttermilk Pie!
Quick & Easy Buttermilk Pie
I love how easy this is! Especially when I am scrambling to finish up wrapping presents before my guests arrive. I think this tastes a lot like Crème Brule. Everyone always loves it!
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk (see buttermilk substitute recipe below)
1/2 cup Bisquick or biscuit mix
1/3 cup (5 1/3 tablespoons) butter, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
3. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend for 1 minute with a mixer.
4. Pour mixture in to prepared pan.
5. Bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Don’t over bake.
6. Cool for 5 minutes.
7. Serve with fresh blueberries or strawberries.
Buttermilk Substitute (because who actually keeps buttermilk in their fridge)
1. Pour 1 cup of milk into a bowl or measuring cup
2. Add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice OR vinegar to the milk.
3. Stir to combine.
4. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature. When it is ready, the milk will be slightly thickened and you will see small curdled bits. This substitute will not become as thick as regular buttermilk; you will also not notice the curdled bits in your finished recipe.
5. Use in place of buttermilk in any recipe that calls for it! Enjoy!